Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Cunty Place the left hand of darkness

In the spirit of Risk, of boldness. Although I like Cunty Place standing alone I see the desire for something more poetic too. So a tie-in to the over-sexualised after dark culture of Courtney place bars (like El Horno - is this self reflexive??) with the c-word - which projects an aggressive stand on (non-gendered) female sexuality. There is a suggestion of a sinister side to the street - risk for who? Cunty place is an off-hand colloquial term, an insiders outsider joke (or an ousiders insider joke?) but also reclaims and represents an objectifying term (in the good ol post-fem way).

Or not? Am I being simplistic? Is it too Dao Wow perhaps?


2 comments:

  1. I really like Cunty Place and already I feel my inner sensor saying 'They'll never allow it' - but who is they, and do I really care about the sensor - and is there really such a think as a sensor in her underpants...I will have to sleep on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmmm would 'they' go for Cunty Place? I think not - we could try it but I think it would be best to have a plan B up our sleevies...

    ReplyDelete